Monday, March 23, 2009

The Lion King and Men

I watched The Lion King the other day and Nala said something so profound about grown up Simba.

See, Simba was in denial that he was the real king. He didn't want to own up to his responsibilities and go back to Pride Rock to help his family.

Nala knew who he really was. She saw his true self, his strength. Even when he did not.

Her line was priceless "He's holding back, he's hiding. But what I can't decide. Why won't he be the king I know he is? The king I see inside?"

This is the story of Christian guys. So much potential, but they don't live up to it because they shy away.

Nala's question is the question of us females.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I once heard that if horses knew how much potential they had, we wouldn't be able to tame them. I feel like humans are the same. If we knew how much potential we have, we wouldn't be as easily discouraged or tamed.

Good thoughts my friend, good thoughts.