I yelled at God today and i'm really hoping that he yells back.
See, God's been very quiet. I've been doubting him more than I ever have before.
Not just doubting in what he says, but doubting the very existence and necessity of God.
There have been a few days in the past few weeks where I have stared at the sky and just asked God to prove himself. "Pulling a Gideon" as I like to call it.
I figure if God is who people say he is, and as big as he claims to be, then he can handle my questions and doubts, right?
I have just realized that the god i have believed in my whole life is not good for me to believe in. He expects too much, doesn't value me as is, and makes me feel like a piece of shit. Yes, shit.
So step one in my journey (should I choose to accept it) is to change my view of God.
I'm not there yet though. I think about reading all of the Christian living literature that I have on my bookshelf and I can feel my insides constrict, my heart rate increase.
So I wait. If God is who he says he is (and who my friends/family/Christians say he is) then he'll prove himself. If he really loves me then he'll prove it. Sometimes with love that's necessary.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Posted by Jennifer at 12:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm going to e-mail you a response to this...I started writing a giant comment, then realized it would be better as an e-mail. check your inbox :)
Jennifer,
If God is who he says he is (and who my friends/family/Christians say he is) then he'll prove himself.
What would it take for "God to prove himself" A miracle, two, ten? Manna from heaven? What are you looking for from God? Is it an absence of evil in this world? If so that will never happen. I'd be glad to have a discussion with you. Maybe when I come up in our 2005 Trailblazer.
Love Dad
Professor Smith talked about yelling at God in CF1 I don't quite remember it all but I remember that it wasn't entirely a bad thing.
P.S. if you ever want or need to go to SnS late at night give me a call.
Post a Comment