I have been volunteering at a place called Sabaoth Ministries (changing to Base Camp) that works with inner city (mostly Hispanic) children. It has been an amazing experience to see how the director Kelly Ellis works with these children and keeps everything under control. She keeps a tight ship and yet the kids LOVE her and I can see how they just long for the structure that she provides. Many of them do not speak English at home which makes life a little fun sometimes :). I have been helping them with their homework and then just hanging out with them for a bit.
One thing about the Hispanic culture is that they LOVE soccer! They are so good at it too! Each culture I have come to find is good at something unique. The African American community has natural rhythm and the ability to dance and Hispanics have the natural ability and the passion for soccer. God is pretty cool in designing people that way (you can't blame everything on socialization...)
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Service Project
Posted by Jennifer at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment