Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 things...

I was tagged on facebook, but since I'm not doing facebook for February, I'm doing this here. :) 'Twas fun!

1. I just put on a few of my latest favorite songs while I wrote this, in order to best get my creative juices flowing.
2. I have never been west of the Mississippi River. I want to…
3. I would absolutely DIE without music.
4. I love to dance and sing. I was (and am) that girl who would dance when she was all alone pretending that she was on stage…I still kind of wish I could be a star…
5. I love working retail.
6. I used to want to be a writer. I wrote a LOT of stories in 5th grade and I still have them. I read them on occasion. I miss the freedom that I had when I could write fictional stories.
7. I love throwing parties. I love refilling the snack bowls when they get empty, cooking for large amounts of people, and having people over at my house. I want to be that house that is always open when I’m older.
8. I love to read fiction books. I wish that I didn’t have to read so much for classes so that I could just read other books.
9. Before I die I want to go to a Chicago Bears game at Soldier Field. And get good seats too, no matter how expensive.
10. I think that a date to a baseball game is the best date in the world…it has yet to happen.
11. I am proud that I know my cardinal directions well now. Thank you Chicago Semester J
12. As much as I am a city girl, I still love to be in nature, as long as when I go home I can see the house next door.
13. I love shoes. I want more and more and more. But my heart for justice says no more…it’s a battle.
14. I manage to trip in front of people that I don’t want to trip in front of. Not that there’s ever a good time to trip, but I seem to trip at exactly the wrong moments in front of exactly the wrong people…or fall down stairs for that matter.
15. Tulips are my favorite flower. Orchids come in a close second.
16. My dream car used to be a silver Mustang GT convertible with black interior. I don’t like the new ones though. I also wanted a silver Honda S27. I’ve since learned that there are more environmentally friendly cars with better gas mileage.
17. Half of my dreams include me living in a really nice house, with really nice cars, and working at a corporate job where I still help people. The other half of my dreams knows that it won’t be possible…
18. My two dream concerts: Jason Mraz and Dave Matthews Band. Point blank.
19. I love writing in fragments and rhetorical questions. See number 18 for an example.
20. I also love ellipses…I feel like they are the closest representation of real live conversation…Don’t ask me why…
21. I really want to adopt a kid from another country.
22. I am 22 and it feels so weird to say it. It’s such an old number. At 22 I feel like I should be doing real world type things.
23. I love pictures. I wish that I had a better camera so that I could try and take better pictures.
24. I used to have the Nestle chocolate chip cookie recipe memorized. With another look at it, I’m sure that I would again. It’s the only chocolate chip cookie recipe a person should ever use. All others fail.
25. I just learned that I’m an idealist. Who knew?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

#7: you want to BE a house?
#10: really? aww....
oh, #14. you can have my clumsiness award from high school, k?
NUMBER NINETEEN!!!!!
...AND TWENTY!!!! (proving 19+20)
#24: what's wrong with half-ing the recipe and only adding one egg to one half? ;)

:) I like you. I like that we're so different when we're so similar.