Sunday, February 8, 2009

I went to post something, but I'm not sure why I would post it online rather than just talking to people about it. Granted many times I do talk about the things I post, but blogging seems like such a good way to hide from actual conversations.

Do I write sad things so people will pity me?
Do I write happy things so that people will be happy with me?

Why do I write?

What is the point?

Edit:

I just wrote this and I think it's something that a blog would have...

I am on a journey to the center of my soul. It’s a shame that no one has written a travel guidebook about this particular trip. No one has traveled this road before, so no one can truly offer me little tips and tricks about the journey. There are thorns and briars but I don’t have a machete. All I have is an empty water bottle and a map that is old and unreadable. I am underprepared to say the least. It’s cold at night and hot during the day and I don’t have a sweatshirt or a fan.

I’m lost in the middle of the jungle and I don’t know where I’m headed. There is no northern star to follow or people to ask for directions. I want to turn back, but I’m so far in that even back is an unknown direction.

I’m hungry, but no food sounds appetizing.
I’m terrified and I don’t know what to do. I keep wandering aimlessly because it’s all that I can manage. To stay put is just as painful as it is to keep moving.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like this a lot. I think it's something we all need to ask ourselves when we write. Our writing should not be censored in the fact that we may offend someone because of the way we truly feel. Then it's not true writing.

I really appreciate your edit to this. We all feel this way at one point or another. Not everyone feels as passionately as some, but I think you are in a good place. It feels like a crappy place, but at least you care. You are working at something, and now that you have admitted how you really feel to yourself and others you can begin to make the journey.

Anonymous said...

JOURNEY!
honest journey.