I woke up with a song in my head. It was really annoying at first, but then I saw the significance. (Note: this is not a good hermeneutical approach to the song. I am definitely adding significance to a song which the author did not intend. Too bad.)
The song is "Take a Chance on me" by Abba/Mamma Mia. I didn't know the words until I looked them up this morning. Here's the first verse:
"If you change your mind, I'm the first in line
Honey, I'm still free,
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know, gonna be around
If you've got no place to go, if you're feeling down,
If you're all alone with the pretty birds have flown,
Honey I'm still free,
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best and it ain't no lie
If you put me to the test, if you let me try"
Without beating around the bush, that's what God has been saying to me lately, and apparently that's his message to me today: Take a chance on me.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Posted by Jennifer at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, ABBA....
Abba as in the band...
and Abba as in God...whoa
"too bad" - HA!
Abba the band/ Abba Father - :)
thanks.
Post a Comment